Wednesday, July 3, 2013

American TV, Furniture & Appliance to go out of business in Marquette



I was very sad to hear this week that American on US 41 in Marquette is going out of business. That's the store where I bought my first computer, my first digital camera and my first "big girl" couch.  Apparently, the Madison, Wisconsin-based company will be closing the Marquette store in mid-July.

This is a big hit since the U.P. tends to not have very many furniture buying options to begin with.

Happily, though, two businesses will replace American - Marquette's own Household Appliance and Art Van Furniture of downstate Warren. This won't happen until mid-November. Household Appliance is simply moving locations and Art Van Furniture will hire 15 new employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment