Monday, June 3, 2013

Dabbling in Double Daze and Double Double Daze

For those of you who live in the Northeastern Wisconsin area and haven't taken part in Double Daze at Copps or Pick N Save, here's your tutorial.
Since I first moved to Green Bay, Copps on Lime Kiln Rd. has always been my favorite grocery store. At first, it was simply because I enjoyed the atmosphere. It was brand new at that time and had a certain laid back ambiance that made it comfortable to shop. All of my Festival Foods loving friends always said "but Copps is so expensive." For some things, that is absolutely true. But then I fell in love with couponing and learned the magic of stacking and doubling.
Every Wednesday and most Saturdays throughout the year, Copps/ Pick N Save (Roundy's stores) allows consumers to take their manufacturer's coupons and double their value up to $1. For instance, if I have a $1 off any Crest toothpaste coupon, as long as it does not say "Do Not Double", Copps will double that $1 coupon to $2. Now let's say that Copps is running a sale on Crest toothpaste for $2.25. With that doubled coupon, you'd get your toothpaste for only a quarter!
There's a few things to keep in mind though.
1. Copps has a policy where your entire order must be $25.00 minimum in order to double the coupons. Keep in mind though, this $25.00 minimum purchase amount is BEFORE coupons or Roundy's card discounts. Many couponers choose to purchase gift cards to "fill out" their order and get it to $25.
2. Also, on Double Daze, Copps/Pick N Save will only double FIVE manufacturer's coupons per order. On Double, Double Daze, they will double TEN manufacturer's coupons per order. That's why on Wednesdays and Fridays, you may see other shoppers with multiple orders.
3. Let's say it's a great week for coupon match ups and you have twelve or fifteen manufacturer's coupons but don't want to create multiple orders, you can still use all twelve or fifteen maufacturer's coupons. You just won't be able to double them all. The best thing to do in that case is put the highest value coupons on top of your stack before handing them over to the cashier because the first five (on Double Daze) or ten (on Double Double Daze) coupons scanned in will automatically double in the system.
For those Roundy's skeptics out there, I agree to some extent that Copps can be pricey. There are some weeks where coupon match-ups aren't good enough to sway me to participate in Double Daze and I end up going to another store. However, there are others, such as this week, where Double Daze allows me to stretch my dollars even further because I can purchase things I truly need for absolutely FREE.
Let's do the math. I only need to purchase $25 worth of items. Technically, if I had ten $1 off coupons on Double Double Daze, these would be worth $20 off.  After doubled coupons, my $25 purchase would come to $5. If I had more manufacturer's coupons that don't double such as high value coupons like $5 off, I could walk out of the store only paying sales tax for $25 worth of items!

No comments:

Post a Comment